Course Aim and Purpose
This course is designed to critically examine the theoretical and methodological issues surrounding the dynamics of peace and conflict in the contemporary world. The course aims to foster participants’ skills in conflict prevention and resolution, and in building and maintaining peace.
The course will enable participants to identify and understand the causes of conflict at the local, regional, and international levels.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:-
- Explain the meaning of peace and conflict studies in the modern world and implications on development.
- Enlarge their knowledge base on key issues, concepts, methodologies, techniques and processes of studying and understanding peace and conflict.
- Describe different approaches of studying and understanding peace and issues emerging from conflict situations and processes.
- Discuss emerging trends in peace and conflict studies.
- Analyse, understand and apply various approaches to peace and views as expressed in theory and their practical application to political, administrative, diplomacy and international relations.
Benefits of the Peace Building and Conflict Resolution Course
- Receive a Watsan Training and Development Center Certificate and transcript.
- Learn how to apply knowledge and skills to your current or future work.
- An opportunity for individual mentoring and guidance from the Watsan Training and Development Center.
- The Watsan Training and Development Center will provide letters of recommendation upon request