Course Aim and Purpose
The Fundamentals of Management course is a basic introductory and foundational management course designed for non-business students who wish to equip themselves with key knowledge, skills, and competencies in various aspects of management.
This short course is free to enrol and complete. Should you require a certificate, you can request for one at a cost of $5.99(KES 600) for a digital certificate in PDF format and $18.99(KES 1900) for a physical version hard copy certificate.
The officially branded and security-marked Watsan Training Certificate is a great way to share your achievement with the world. It is also ideal for sharing with potential employers and an indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results.
Take the course for free and decide whether or not you’ll choose to pay for a certificate.
Upon completion of this short course, you will be able to:
- Characterize the difference between a manager and a leader
- Understand the reasons behind successful Projects.
- Describe the main styles of management
- Discuss how management style affects management and the organization.
- Distinguish the difference between the top, middle and lower management
- Describe what management function entails
- Describe the different functions that managers perform
- Identify the difference between management roles and management skills
- Discuss the importance of managerial roles and skills.
- Identify what managing people is all about
This short course will cover the following topics:
Lesson 1: Who is a Manager/Leader?
Lesson 2: Styles of Management
Lesson 3: Levels of Management
Lesson 4: Functions of Management
Lesson 5: Areas of Management
Lesson 6: Management Roles and Skills
Lesson 7: Managing People
Lesson 8: Case Study – An Innovative Manager