Course Aim and Purpose
Transportation & Fleet Management activities account for over 70% of an organization’s supply chain costs. It is critical that organizations get the transport and fleet management function right to meet personnel mobility needs, provide maintenance operations and execute successful delivery of goods and materials
This short course in Fleet Management provides you with a basic understanding of the different elements of fleet management. You will become familiar with the various role-players and stakeholders in the value chain and how to effectively manage your fleet.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- State the objectives of fleet management and the role of the fleet manager
- Implement a fleet preventive maintenance program
- Determine requirements for efficient workshops
- Create fleet safety and driver selection programs
- Use capital budgeting techniques to perform vehicle replacement analysis
- Optimize distribution vehicle routes
- Write Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measure performance of the fleet
Benefits of the Effective Fleet and Transport Management Course
- Receive a Watsan Training and Development Center Certificate and transcript.
- Learn how to apply knowledge and skills to your current or future work.
- An opportunity for individual mentoring and guidance from the Watsan Training and Development Center.
- The Watsan Training and Development Center will provide letters of recommendation upon request